Managing and creating an event can be stressful, especially for schools, boards and clubs. Coordination and planning are key, the foundations in creating a successful event.
Here are a few tips to ensure you create and have a successful event according to Forbes:
1. Plan and coordinate:
- Understand your client’s expectation and identify the target audience
- Analyze the cost and prepare a budget
- Prepare an invitation and list down the programs in the event
- Prepare a deadline for each activity
- 2. Begin and enact your plans:
- Get approval for the budget
- Initiate social media marketing campaign on sites like Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Market the event by informing media, preparing brochure, sending mails, etc.
- Keep your attendees engaged during the event (by posting event updates on social media)
- Collaborate with the team to ensure that the plans are on track
- 3. Stay active 24-36 hours before the event:
- Create the list of guests who responded with RSVP
- Ensure all activities are running on time including transportation arrangements
- Remind VIPs about the event, and have volunteers to guide them to the event
- Confirm venue arrangements like lights, decorations, volunteers, security, etc.
- Prepare a minute-by-minute plan for the event
- 4. Be active during the time of the event:
- Arrive at the event’s location with volunteers and team members hours before the event time
- Check whether all the electronic equipment are working properly
- Hire a dedicated photographer to capture special moments
- 5. Learn from the event: After you have received praise for the event, use this time to ask for feedback and improvement. Gauge the audience’s reaction and use it to measure the impact of your event. Using all of this information, you will be able to make informed changes and use it to better the next event you have. The only way is up.
EduStatus for School Networks and Districts offers an event management tool, which allows ease of access when creating an event. Certain tools include organizers with total attendee data management, control and insight over every aspect of the event or meeting and many other various tools available at the click of a button. Use this to make your future school, board or club events easier to create and manage.
Give it a try at: http://edustatus.com/edustatus-network